Diocese of Texas President’s News and Updates
PRESIDENT’S CORNER – Renate Walker – Easter, 2016
Greetings to all. I have experienced a whirlwind of activities and blessings since officially taking of8ice at the end of the 2015 Spring Assembly in Tyler, Texas. I experienced “Letting My Light Shine” at Triennial in Utah as your Diocesan Delegate. What a marvelous experience that was! Over these past months I have presided over two very successful Assemblies – 2015 Fall at Camp Allen and 2016 Spring in Marshall, TX. Each of these Assemblies focused beautifully on the presidential theme for my term “Take Up Your Cross and Follow Me.” (found in Matthew 16:24-26) I’ve represented our Diocese in my capacity as a Board Member on the Diocese of Texas ECW and great common-ness and fellowship between us. We are intentionally building a strong bridge between our two groups. I have had the honor of installing THREE (3) Junior Daughters of the King Chapters. There is such glory in the faces of young Daughters and I feel that instilling the Vows early is a great way to grow and keep faithful Daughters long in to the future. Just attend a Junior Daughters Retreat – you will feel the vitality, energy, and LOVE, you will know they get it, they are our future. Jesus said “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14) As I prepare this “article”, I am preparing mentally to drive to Austin to attend the dedication of a Prayer Room at St. Luke’s on the Lake. This room is being dedicated to honor Nancy McCann, who passed away recently and quite suddenly. Nancy was the Directress of the Glory Bound Singers. She was my friend, my mentor. March 19th would have been her birthday. What a glorious tribute and witness to her. Over the course of the next year (and beyond) I along with Fr. Mike, our Diocesan Chaplain, will sponsor NO COST workshops on How to Structure Chapter Meetings. We have had one so far and it was well received. Feel free to contact me if you would like to have one of these workshops in an area near you. Also, keep an eye on our DOK website, several chapters in various locations have expressed interest and as we set dates, they will posted on the website. I look forward to continuing this very exciting, energetic term knowing I am blessed with every endeavor taken and accomplished. There will be many opportunities for us to come together across this Diocese and Province, I hope to see each you at one of them.
May God Bless you All. Happy Easter!
Renate Renate A. Walker
President, Diocese of Texas
Renate Walker, President’s Report
DAUGHTERS OF THE KING (DOK)
PROVINCE VII – Diocese of Texas
I am humbled to be serving as your President over the next Triennial. I ask you all to “Take Up Your Cross and Follow Me” as together we lift each other up spiritually to bear the crosses that our earthly lives present us with and do it all in love, compassion and For His Sake.
Summary of Activities to date:
• Attended DOK Province VII Board Meeting and Assembly, Albuquerque, NM
• Attended DOK Diocese of Texas Quiet Day, hosted by the All Saints and Calvary Chapters of Daughters of the King in Richmond, TX.
• Met with DOK Fall Assembly chair, Sharon Lynch, to develop timeline(s), workshops and theme for September 11-12, 2015 Assembly at Camp Allen, Navasota TX
• Attended the National DOK Triennial in Salt Lake City, Utah where I served as Delegate
• Signed up KeyNote speaker (Fleetwood Range) and other workshop speakers for DOK Fall Assembly, theme “Take Up Your Cross and Follow Me” – September 11-12, 2015 Camp Allen, Navasota TX
• Attended the Diocese of Texas ECW Board Meeting as Daughters of the King Board Member
• Presided over successful DOK Diocesan Fall Assembly at Camp Allen, September 11-12, 2015.
• Travelled to Bryan and Hearne Texas to install TWO (2) Junior Daughters of the King Chapters.
• Attended Quiet Day, Holy Trinity, Dickinson, TX – sponsored by Saint Mary and Martha Senior and Junior DOK
• Will attend the Diocese of Texas ECW Assembly as Daughters of the King Board Member and participant.